The Chef's Garden is a local farm located in the farmlands of Huron, Ohio and is a leader in growing specialty vegetables, herbs, edible flowers and microgreens for the culinary industry as well as home delivery. We focus on sustainability and delivering the best quality product to our customers. Our team prepares each order with care and follows all the required food safety standards for each order that is filled.
We currently have a full time position open for a Lettuce Flume Operator. This is a critical position by testing water content and documenting all test results. This position is responsible for the following tasks:
* Set up flume line for operation and fill with water and monitor chemicals to the right set points with website screen.
* Load totes of lettuce and leafy greens into the flume lines based on demand and in or of priority specified by the Food Safety/Lettuce Room Supervisor.
* Thoroughly wash product while continuing to monitor chemical status.
* On inventory days stack, rotate, label and date all finished product and place in appropriate storage area.
* Lift totes overhead and pour lettuce into flume for washing.
* Shut down flume line to include and not be limited to cleaning and sanitizing flume line and other cleaning duties for equipment sanitation.
* Light maintenance or cleaning projects in other areas my be assigned on days flume line is not needed or cut short.
* Properly clean the lettuce harvested from both the field and greenhouses as quickly and efficiently while following the food safety policies and procedures.
* Assist in other areas of the Packing Processing plant as needed to perform other tasks.
* Follow specific Food Safety and HACCP procedures, including, but not limited to temperature measurements, cleaning schedule and procedures, proper product labeling with lot numbers, tracking of lot numbers for incoming produce . . .
Generally the workdays for this position are Mondays through Fridays but the work schedule may vary based on increased production.
Must be able to read and interpret documents such as orders, inventory sheets, special delivery and shipping instructions, safety rules and procedures manuals. Must be detail oriented and able to communicate both written and verbally. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to weight, count produce.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time; sit; walk; climb steps; use hands to finger, handle, or fell; reach with hands and arms; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds in either boxes or bag as and up to 100 pounds with assistance.
The processing areas in the packing room are generally 38 to 41 degrees Fahrenheit.
At The Chef’s Garden and The Culinary Vegetable Institute we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. The Chef's garden offers health, dental vision, 401(k) and Paid Time Off.
We are a drug-free workplace. Background check and drug test required.