The Chef's Garden is a local farm located in the farmlands of Huron, Ohio and is a leader in growing specialty vegetables, herbs, edible flowers and microgreens for the culinary industry as well as home delivery. We focus on sustainability and delivering the best quality product to our customers. Our team prepares each order with care and follows all the required food safety standards for each order that is filled.
We currently have a part time opening in our Marketing Department for a Marketing Assistant. The successful candidate will support the Marketing Team with various projects. Below is a list of some of the essential job functions for this position. Compensation will be commensurate upon prior experience.
* Represent The Chef's Garden and The Culinary Vegetable Institute by communicating the mission, vision and culture statements of The Culinary Vegetable Institute, The Chef's Garden, Inc. in every interaction with fellow staff, vendors, potential employees, and all other guests of the farm.
* Support the Marketing Team in preparing printed and digital marketing collateral, video and voice recordings, sales campaigns, event coordination, chef visits, social media and mailings.
* Assist with internal communication needs including email set up, announcements, news and on-hold messaging.
* Prepare regular sales and product reports.
* Participate in developing ideas to succeed with marketing campaigns and other projects as assigned.
* Assist with ordering products and setting up for sales meetings.
* Take notes at marketing meetings and update assignments on project lists as needed.
* Perform website updates and maintenance within Kentico, Shopify, and Wix platforms, including but not limited to making routine updates in content, images and other components of the websites.
* Assist with email communications by maintaining email lists within campaign software. Carry out development of external and internal e-newsletters.
* Display excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills with staff and guests alike.
Candidate must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Written and verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are require. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule format. Must have a valid driver's license.
A 2-year degree in marketing, communications or related field and 1-2 years of professional experience in the marketing field is preferred. Knowledge of the food, wine and culinary industry is preferred.
* Proficiency using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point and Google Drive is required.
* Working knowledge of email and social media platforms including MailChimp, Klaviyo, Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn is preferred.
* Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus, but not required.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, including copy-editing and proofreading.
* Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and time management ability.
* Collaborative team player, creative, assertive and a desire to learn.
The Chef's Garden offers health, dental, vision, 401(k) and Paid Time Off. Background check and drug test required.