The Seed Assistant is an entry level position where you gain experience. You will help the Seeder who fills the prepared seeded flats. This is a full time year round position with a work schedule Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. This is an opportunity to learn how to fill trays so that you can be backup to the Seeder as needed.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* Work with the Seeder to learn the variety of seeds and how to set up and operate the seed machine
* Catching seeded flats as they come down the line
* Stack and prepare the trays for transport so that they can be sent to the designated greenhouse locations
* Maintain cleanliness of supplies, follow good agricultural practices and safety standards
* Assist is other areas as needed
Must be able to perform each task satisfactorily. Must be able to read and interpret work orders and instructions. Must be able to weigh, measure a variety of seed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds which would include bags of soil, peat moss and fertilizer and trays.
At The Chef’s Garden and The Culinary Vegetable Institute we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are a drug and tobacco free workplace. We offer medical, dental, vision, paid time off, profit sharing and are paid weekly. We also offer a 401(k).