The Chef's Garden is a farm that grows and cares for a variety of vegetables, herbs, microgreens and edible flowers. We focus on sustainability while caring for the soil and the plants. We take care of the soil and as a result, the benefits are a plant filled with valuable nutrients. We sell to the fine dining industry all over the world and to some of the most well-known chefs in the industry.
Currently, we have an entry level position as Soil Tray Filler and Washer available in our Soil Building. This is a full time position working Monday through Friday with occasional Saturdays. Your responsibilities would include but not be limited to:
* Assist in preparing soil mixes needed to fill empty soil tray flats
* Assist Seed Assistant with receiving, stacking and preparing trays for shipping to designated farm locations
* Fill soil trays with prepared soil mixtures in preparation for seeding
* Empty and thoroughly wash flats
* Operate tray washer and soil filler machines
* Assist with the seeding process as needed
* Assist by unloading trucks
* Assist with miscellaneous other tasks within the Soil Building as needed
The physical requirements are that you must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time and be able to lift 50 pounds (which would include bags of soil, peat moss and fertilizer and trays). While washing trays, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
At The Chef's Garden and the Culinary Vegetable Institute are Equal Opportunity Employers and we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender expression, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veterans status, disability status or any other legally protected status.
The Chef's Garden offers medical, dental, vision, paid time off and 401(k) benefits and paid weekly.
We are a drug and tobacco free workplace. Drug testing and background checks are required.