Huron, OH | Full Time
As our business continues to grow, we have a need to fill a new position in our Accounting Department. We are seeking to hire a Staff Acountant.
1. Assist the Finance Department with maintaining timely and accurate financial reporting.
2. Prepare journal entries, detailed reports (create and edit as necessary), account reconciliation (General Ledger and Bank Accounts), and all general accounting functions.
3. Analyze data, interpret account schedules, and research issues in a timely and accurate manner for distribution to the Executive Board and multiple departments throughout the Farm including ad-hoc reporting as requested.
4. Always be aware of and communicate to your Supervisor opportunities to enhance knowledge and improve efficiency in your area and/or in other areas of the Farm.
1. Support the Farm’s financial health by ensuring accurate, timely, reliable data and reporting on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis as requested.
2. General Ledger focus including journal entries, account reconciliation, corrections, and maintenance of the Chart of Accounts from set up through to account schedule accuracy.
3. Create, edit, and improve reporting in both the accounting system and customized, intricate spreadsheets as required by the CFO. Participate in the creation of the Company’s annual budget process and monthly/quarterly forecasting.
4. Use critical thinking to research and resolve reporting issues while analyzing data at both a granular and broad level. Demonstrate an understanding of the core financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement).
5. Ability to reliably collect and summarize financial data.
6. Cross train with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable to provide support as needed.
7. General Accounting functions as required.
8. Work on Special Projects as needed.
9. Perform any other duties necessary to support the success and profitability of The Chef’s Garden.
Generally, the schedule for this position is Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm, however, duties may occasionally fall outside of this time frame. Hours will be determined by your Supervisor.
Ability to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including other Microsoft programs, and Navision (or equivalent programs), at an above average computer literacy level. Ability to read and interpret data and documents. Strong ability to work online in all capacities including research via portals, customer and vendor sites, and banking. Ability to process, analyze and evaluate information at all knowledge levels within the Finance Department. Ability to maintain accounting ledgers, resolve account discrepancies, and maintain financial confidentiality. Ability to communicate successfully both verbally and in writing, internally within the Farm and externally as needed (vendors, customers, bank representatives).
Bachelor’s degree (Accounting) and 0-1 years of related experience.
Casual dress is welcome. Paid weekly. At eligibilty health, voluntary dental/vision and 401(k) are available. We are tobacco and drug-free workplace and drug test and background check required.
The Chef's Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex (including preganancy, sexual orientation, gender expression, and gender identity), national origin, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran's status, citizenship status, or any other protected classes under state, local or county regulations.